As this was the summer of Dave, and today is the last day of summer, I shall pen an ode to the summer and to Dave who saw us through the summer safely.
Here's to Dave.
to late nights that some consider early mornings.
to smoking for the first time.
to drinking for the first time.
to smoking excessively.
to getting Skadunked.
to going to space.
to Sol, #41, Brand New Day, Champagne Supernova, Scream, and SO many others.
to Dave's best friend, Thunderbird.
to arranging, rearranging, mucking up, and cleaning up.
to countless head rubs.
to the old couch (no matter how awful it was).
to the new couch (for how awesome it is).
to road trips.
to DC.
to almost dying from laughing.
to almost happening.
to not happening.
to being sketchy.
to nightly inebriated phone calls at the beach.
to learning something you would NOT learn in school.
to making connections.
to hearing friends on the radio.
to losing power and liking it (disregarding the heat).
to not having AC downstairs forever and doing nothing about it.
to constant visits and calls from my father.
to living away from my family for the first summer ever.
to living with a friend.
to practically living with another.
and to becoming closer to these people than ever imagined before.
If I spent even part of my summer with you, then I'd just like you to know that you mean more to me than anybody else in the world; I love you all so dearly. I'm looking forward to seeing you on breaks and even more to next summer: the Summer of Nutsicles.
Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment