Don't take this post wrong - I love this girl dearly. She is my oldest, bestest friend. But I've been living in her shadow pretty much since I became friends with her. So I do have a few things I hold in that are just going to come out in the blog.
She was the darling of theatre. And history. And english. And sometimes I feel like if our group had to kick out one person - me or her - they would immediately choose her. Unanimously. No second thoughts.
Of course they wouldn't decide unanimously with no second thoughts. (Well... no second thoughts, for sure... right?) But I just feel like I'm that tag on the mattress that nobody rips off because it's just not done. They have me around because I'm a friend... And I come with her.
I don't really know what the point of this is. I'm not going to be able to be as cool as she is, as badass, as witty, as smart, as focused, as accomplished, or as wanted. But hopefully someday somebody will come along and make me finally feel like the darling of his life; no longer second string.

No comments:
Post a Comment