It's worse for me now that I have Notion. I'm really excited that I have a way to finally write down the little musical lines that tend to float into my head. But at the same time - it's 4 in the morning. I want to be sleeping. And I really was about to sleep. But I had a spark that I wanted to get written. Luckily It proved to be worth it because I had a sort of chain reaction that led to an entire melody for a soprano (or alto, but the fact that it's a melody means it's most likely the soprano part) and an idea that could possibly get off the ground eventually.
And a new push-to-the-end phrase for when creativity leads to struggle:
Dig through the cliché shit to find your diamond.
So the moral of this story:
I'm digging through some cliché shit to find a diamond of a short play/musical idea. The musical "The Last Five Years" is a bit of my inspiration for this. If I'm lucky I can get Mrs. V to get one of her classes to do it for a small showcase maybe. I could come in and do some work with the singers and design and everything. I think it could be fantastic. The only thing is I have to write a play. And some songs. But I mean... whatever happens happens. I don't know if it's the creative high right now or what, but I'm feeling positive about this crackpot scheme.
Which is more than I could say about earlier. I was in such a fucking weird mood earlier tonight.
Thank god that passed. (For now.)

No comments:
Post a Comment