Thursday, November 12, 2009

so weird

I don't know what it is, man;
but something about today is off.

It was supposed to be an awful day with a good night. Something changed.
TED 250 - a class that seems so pointless for me, and I usually fall fast asleep in it if I don't get enough sleep (or leave early enough to grab a coffee). Well it was different today. It was interesting, and I paid attention. (For the most part.) But not only that... I felt like I got something out of it. The material was relevant and appealing. Stuff I'd actually talk about outside of a classroom with my friends about. "Are you normal?"

And then geosystems wasn't too awfully boring. It helped that my window for registration was during the class. Of course we got out early. And by early I mean less than a minute before my registration time. So I sat there and waited the short time and jumped on that shit like Tonto. I got all my classes. Except for music theory and ear training, but I've got plenty of time, and there won't be a problem getting spots for those. They're required of friggin ANYBODY who attempts a music-related degree. So I'm golden. It'll be 19-20 hours, but I can do it. No doubt.

Then Andrew let me know he couldn't make our regular Tuesday/Thursday lunch today, so I figured no better time to go peruse Tate St. and spend some of the money that's been burning a hole in my pocket since I got paid. So that was fun. Grabbed a Black & Tan from Tate St. Coffee, browsed the racks in Design Archives, and decided I may as well stop into Sister's while I'm there. So I get a better cig case (they'd fall out when I opened the other one so I got one with a little arm in it so it'll hold the damn things in) and some sticks of incense. Good stuff.

Then badminton was fun as hell. A sure sign that something was starting to go wrong. I definitely got myself out of the house, into the hurricane, found a parking spot (say WHAAAA?? I know!) although it was out in the boonies compared to where I was going. So I braved the hurricane again (although seriously it's just a drizzle here now. Just a constant. Muthafuckin. Drizzle. That will randomly erupt into sheets of rain and you don't know what the fuck is going on. For 4 days now. This has been the norm. Goddamn. It's fuckin COLD now.) Anyways. I brave the cold drizzle and then play a goddamn game of badminton. Three, actually. And it was fun as hell.

Then I came home, decided it wasn't really worth it to go back out for lab. Especially with all the work that needs to be done. (Cleaning the train room - check! Finish packing goodies for the road trip tomorrow - check! Homework - ehh.... I'll get there.) So that's where I am now. And it's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment